The very first time I heard the Bose L1 was at an Italian restaruant where UD was set up just a few feet from the bar. The venue was such that a conventional system would have blown away the guy sitting the bar 4 feet in front of Dave's keyboard, while those sitting in the adjacent dining rooms would not have heard a sound. The Bose filled all three rooms equally with beautiful music, and the volume was nearly identical throughout the entire building. The combined area of all three rooms was approximately 5,500 square feet, and the volume level was never cranked up beyond 25 percent.

One of the most noticeable things that night, other than the equal distribution of sound, was Dave's vocal quality. Dave is an excellent performer and singer, and I've had the privilege of hearing him on several occasions. This particular night, however, the vocals were exceptionally clear and crisp--much more so than any time in the past. The mic was the same, therefore I can only attribute this to the Bose L1. The very next day I placed an order with Bose.

Sounds systems are always very subjective, therefore I strongly suggest that anyone purchasing a sound system, Bose, Logitech, Peavey, Motion Sound, etc., take the time to listen to other performers using those systems. Listen to them while they are performing at various sized venues with varying accustic configurations. Walk throughout the room or hall, and pay careful attention to the mids, lows, and highs, the clarity of the keyboard and vocals, and also listen carefully to any announcements made through the system. Then after spending several days, or even weeks evaluating the systems, place your order at an outlet that has a reasonable return policy. If you don't like what you hear, take it back for a full refund--not store credits.

As for setup time, I carry a lot of gear with me on every job--even the nursing homes and assisted living jobs. My setup time ranges 10 to 12 minutes from the time I walk in the door with a loaded Rock "N" Roller. When I was lugging a pair of powered speakers and speaker stands, my setup time was 10 to 12 minutes. Years ago, when none of my cables were harnessed, and I had wires hanging everywhere, the setup time was 30 to 35 minutes. Organization of your equipment makes a big difference and really reduces setup time. Additionally, you don't have to worry whether or not you left a cable at home--they're all in the harness.

I sincerely wish to thank Uncle Dave for being among the first members to share his experience with the Bose L1. I value his opinions and they sure made a big difference for me.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)