Fran,

My current lineup is in some ways similar to what Frank uses, except that I use modules much more than sample sets, especially live.

Usually I open up Sonar as my host with an instance of Live Synth pro and a somewhat modified version of the SGM180 soundfont for my accomp voices. I too am hoping that NI's Bandstand offers some improvement, but if not, I'll continiue to work on the soundfont.

Style data is sent from OMB into Sonar and then LSP via Maple Midi's virtual midi cable. I can also do the same using FL Studio as my main host, but FL is more of a "studio host" for me, as I find it allows me to edit midi files and add plug ins very quickly and efficiently vs using Sonar. I just like the workflow better in FL

I substituted XLutop Chainer for Forte for playing lead / melody voices, but I think either is a great choice. I open Chainer in Sonar, and then can host a combination of up to 100 isntruments and effects in a single instance of Chainer. I use the Motif ES as my controller. I save presets in chainer that I can easily access by saving and then opening Chainer files.

Typically, I save 16 preset sounds / effects combis in one preset of Chainer. I simply save one instrument setup per channel, and then can quickly access any of the 16 by switching channels in the Motif's sequencer mode.

My favorite modules of late for lead voices come from the Plugsound family of modules. In my "bread and butter" Chainer preset setup, going to ch 1 on the ES opens the PS acoustic piano, Ch2 gives me a Rhodes piano, Ch3 gives me a clavi sound, ch a rock organ sound from B4, ch 5 a percussive organ sound from B4, ch 6 gives me an acoustic guitar from PS's freetd module, ch 7 a clean AC guitar from same module, ch 8 a slighly distorted Fender w / twin reverb from the same module, A great synth lead patch from NIs Pro53 on Ch9, etc etc.....

I also use the Antares vocal kit for vocals and harmonies.

I agree that after being exposed to the incredible sounds out there in the software realm that there aren't any hardware boards currently available that would make me want to put my software "away", at least not at the present time.

AJ