SemiLive, the 5th speaker is in a box in my garage. Theoretically you only lose about 1dB by going from 5 to 4 speakers, but in practice the sound level is overall slightly higher by using 4 speakers in Stereo x 2 mode. This is because the stereo signal is exactly duplicated by the two pairs of speakers. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong but to use all 5 satellites with the Logitech you need to have some form of surround processing of the signal. The processing creates a great soundfield, but what I am trying to do is to reinforce the stereo signal using pairs of satellites to give the mids & highs a bit more punch.

I have no doubt that using the speakers on poles in a traditional way will give you a much better stereo effect, particularly if you like to be positioned midway between the poles when you play or listen. However I am convinced that the Poor Mans PAS (maybe PMP? ) has a much better coverage, more coherent sound at all locations and is a no-brainer to setup.

I believe you could use both z2200 systems set up in a similar manner. Ideally you would use 4 speakers and one sub with two Left speakers connected in parallel and similarly for the Right, although this is not recommended without checking the impedance requirements of the amps i.e. the satellite speakers are rated at 8 ohms each, and the amps may not be capable of sustaining less than 8 ohms load. The alternative is to use both subs, either one on top of the other or side by side, then split the stereo signal from your keyboard (or mixer) to have an identical stereo input to each of the systems. You would then set the volume on each at the start, and control the master volume from the keys or mixer.

As a point of interest, I have experimented using the sub to run a pair of B&W hifi speakers (rated at 6.5 ohms) and the amps had no problem. My next experiment will be to run a couple of 10"+ horn boxes. The 10" PA speakers will have a much higher sensitivity than the Logitech satellites and I should be able to get a lot more sound level out of the system. This is only for curiosity as I am more than happy with the sound of the PMP for my gigs.

Mark