As requested here are some shots of my Logitech z5500 setup.

First you will notice that there are only 4 speakers on the stand. When I first got the system I did a bunch of listening tests with various speaker configurations and controller settings. I found that the system lacked mid/high projection when used with any of the surround sound settings. However when switched to 'Stereo x 2' and used with the front and rear speakers adjacent to each other, the sound was noticeably better (to my ears anyway) and more balanced with the sub.

The two speakers facing the camera are Left F&R and the other two are Right F&R. The speakers and cables are permanently wired to the stand, with the connectors housed in the compartment at the bottom which makes setting up easy. The whole thing stands about 6 feet tall when sitting on the sub as shown in the photos.

The interesting thing about the satellite speakers is although they are small they are directional on-axis. When you move to the side you tend to get quite a drop-off in the mid/highs which is more than you would expect from small drivers like this. So it seemed reasonable that if the satellites were setup like a PAS and the angles were correct, you could have two speakers facing left and two facing right with the middle covered by the overlap.

As it turns out, the angled setup works well and the resulting coverage is nearly 180 degrees. Please note that while this is effective it is still only a poor mans PAS and would not claim to achieve all that a PAS can. Still, there are a couple of advantages including the ability to rotate each satellite individually if you need to hear more 'foldback' i.e. the top speaker is exactly at standing head height for my singer, while the bottom speaker is rotated slightly upwards to angle directly towards my seated head height. If we swapped sides, I could rotate the speakers the other way to accommodate. The system is run in stereo and I guess you could describe the final sound as 'partial stereo' - you get a reduced stereo effect that is better than mono and not as good as true stereo. Of course, there is no electrical summing of the signal so the stereo output of the 9000pro sounds very good indeed.

And yes, I gig-proofed the sub!

Mark