BeBop ... you suggested this in another thread, so here goes. ... Does the instrument make the talent or the talent make the instrument??? ... gotta be a combination of both ... I've had some people say "all you have to do is turn it on a press a button" ... so I invite them to "turn it on a press a button" ... you know the rest ... personally, with no formal piano training, and no music theory classes etc. I know my limitations as a 'player', ... and an instrument like my kn6000, with all its bells and whistles makes me sound BETTER than what I am ... While I'm sure I would not be able to make Scott's Steinway sound too good, I am quite comfortable behind my kn ... and those individuals fortunate enough to have a ton of talent, a good arranger kb, AND the ability to make FULL use of all the bells and whistles are going to sound GREAT!!! ... so, I take my kn6, add my somewhat better than passable vocals, and entertain people, and as long as they keep asking me back, I'll keep going ...
t.