Hello

The subwoofer is 13 1/4"W X 13"H X 18"D.

It weighs in at 34 lbs. 188 watts RMS.

I mention this because there may be other people that may want to use these specs in making a choice.

I think a good sub alone with all of these ingredients makes this worth $300. Anything else out there that's available in this country that I'm aware of, including home speaker systems are generally bigger and certainly a lot heavier and costs more money.

All of these factors are at the top of my list for choosing equipment.

Right now, at this stage in the game, if I choose to keep it, I may use the powered JBL 10G2's along with the sub. You can plug the sub right into the headphone jack on the keyboard. No mixer would be needed unless I would want to hook up both the JBL's and the complete Logitech system. I don't think I would care to do that however at this time.

The Z5500 is a good value for $300, and would enhance anyone's built in speakers.

I'm sure some will find it good for their uses playing out as a 5.1. So far, I wouldn't personally use the Z5500's alone.

I am continuing to experiment, but at this time, I would say the Z5500 sattelites are no match for the JBL's.

Together all 8 speakers sound real nice in my living room, but the sattelites and sub alone seems to lack a lot of mid range which I like. And yes, I've tweaked and retweaked the Tyros mixer.

The piano sound seems to suffer the most. A good share of other voices sounds rather nice.

I would say, IMHO, someone using a lot of guitar sounds for country etc, will find this quite usable.

This is the best unbiased analysis I feel I can make at this time.

One would need to try it out for themselves to see if it would meet their requirement. I'm sure a lot of people will love it just the way it comes in the box.

Best
Scott