Hi Bebop,
sad part for me was, when I lost my Technics dealer, meant I also lost my Yamaha dealer of nearly 15 years. They closed shop just after Technics closed down.
The other 4 or 5 Yammie dealers I got in touch with were hopeless. Didn't return phone calls, didn't know there was even a new Tyros out etc etc. The only keyboards they were interested in selling were the cheap $200 versions that they probably sell by the dozen.

By accident( while browsing online) , I discovered a Ketron dealer in Sydney, rang up, got an amazing deal, & picked it up last week. One of the few brands I haven't had before. So, something new to learn.

It's great to hear that you did get your laptop & driver sorted out. It's so frustrating when something doesn't quite work
& you waste hours, that could be better spent playing music.

Maybe if I get on hubby's good side, he may get me a Tyros 2 for next xmas. They may have arrived by then ( haa haa)

Enjoy your new hard drive. They certainly make things easier. I thought the 250mb sd card in the Technics was huge. Apparently I've got a 6 gigbyte harddrive in the sd1+, don't know what I'm going to fill it up with, I couldn't even fill a 250mb sd card.
I suppose one needs memory if we get involved with sampling side of things & wav files.

Have a Merry Xmas.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022