Hi,

After having used a PSR 2000 for years, I just decided to switch to the 3000 and got it a couple of days ago.

I can confess I'm a little bit disapointed because of problems I encounter while singing thru the PSR.

I explain: with my PSR2K, I had a great mic setup that worked fine for years but I'm unable to get the same results with the 3K. I mean: my voice is very quickly distorted, even at low levels, my keyboard is vibrating a lot, etc.

I tried to change the settings while listening thu headphones and I got the same distorted voice (like a kind of saturation of the sound). It's really curious because the mic input "overload" led never blinks...

I finally discovered that if I put the rear gain pot to a minimum value, with a max value of 127 for the mic in the mixing table, it seems to work better but the voice seems to be not very "powerful" or "far" from the mix. In this configuration, I had to decrease the midi file I was playing to a very low value of 35/40 while my master volume pot was above 12 o'clock (up to 1 o'clock), which is, IMHO, not normal...

I can add that I tried to use the mic settings provided by Gary and it didn't work as I was expecting (.e.g the "distortion" effect is really more noticable when the compressor is on. So I can't switch it on)...

Does someone know what is wrong? I hope my KB doesn't have a technical problem

Final note: I'm using an EV N/D767a mic that worked perfectly with my previous PSR2K...

Thanks for your help!

BR,
Earl.