Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I think a digital accordion's strength would be if they made them as light as possible, but no outboard (so you can use wireless). Well built, but light (maybe about a nice 48 bass weight) but with all the bells and whistles that Roland have.

Maybe, for those who use accordions in rock/blues type situations (with a whole band), a smaller physical sized digital accordion (like a 48 bass, smaller keyboard) could be used, and maybe use D-Beam to transpose keyboard up and down an octave for greater range.

I think I would love something more that size, looks WAY cooler than pumping a big ol' 120 bass..........

I agree that 48 bass is plenty for the type of band situation you mentioned, but it does not help reduce the weight by much, maybe 1 or 2 lbs if even that much.

The weight is in the reed blocks and in the different woods that traditional accordians are made from. Just like pianos and guitars, the wood is very important to the quality of that acoustic sound.

My old electronic Excelsior has 9 sets of reeds and 2 wood tone chambers and weighs 40 lbs.

Some of the reedless digital accordions are 16 - 20 lbs. Thats with 120 bass, 41 treble keys.

You mention wireless. Some companies (Limex for 1) do have wireless setups for midi/digital accordions.
You can shake rattle and roll all over the stage, dodge tomatoes, exit stage left, no problem.

And the color schemes that some of these companies have available are outrageous and do you want all the keys black, grey, blue gold, etc? Or any combination thereof.

The main page of this accordion company shows various color combinations, but not as wild as some other companies. Marco accordions

Even though this instrument is capable of playing and sounding like any arranger keyboard, the interest in the states has pretty much disappeared. The younger generations (and the older of course) in other countries are using the accordion in all styles of music.