Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
the bottom line is he didn't like the piano sounds--that's his only gripe. He said the vocals are the best he ever experienced, all the other instrments were very crisp and clear, the weight was never an issue, but he wanted stereo piano sounds.He's looking to buy a new T2 as a backup for his primary T2.

Hi Gar. I don't know WHO this guy is, but as a longtime Yamaha PSR/Tyros2 owner, I too continue to come away with the exact same impression as him, having auditioned the Bose L1 both in the store and on a gig, and then again re-evaluating a few years later, and most recently auditioning thru a S900. As much as I'm amazed & enthralled utilizing a single unit Bose L1 for vocal reproduction & acoutic instruments, I'm simply not won over with it for use with Yamaha arrangers. Going out mono, you suffer the detrimental effects of phase cancellation: harsh brittle, thin sound. If experiencing the rich full sound of Yamaha 'stereo sampled' acoustic pianos & sounds is important to you (as is the case for me), imho, you simply need to go out STEREO.

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
The Stagepas 300 (to me) sounds terrific and I get lots of compliments from the elderly who say they can hear every detail. I run my 3K stereo and keep the mixer in the cabinet on poles - doesn't get any easier. It's a very clean sound with lots of punch.

Hi zuki. The Yamaha ads appear (at least from the pictures shown) to promote the Stagepas300 to vocalists & acoustic guitarists, and not to keyboard players. That said, I'd appreciate comments on the sound of the Stagepas 300's 8" woofers, as I assume you feel it provides acceptably satisfying bass response to handle the broader frequency range requirements of piano and arranger keyboard instrument voices, like bass guitar, acoustic bass & drums.

Also, though I realize the Stagepas 300 total package weight is only 40 lbs, can you provide the weights of its indiviual components: each speaker (2), mixing console, etc.

Thanks in advance, - Scott