Hi tails,
Ensoniq Asr-10 came out w/ another version towards the end of manufacturing this unit. It has improved sampling capabilties (imports Roland & Akai), multitracking, upgraded the rom chip, & put in a nice fluorescent blue led.
But do you mean its running hot like heat as well? I keep a clip on fan nearby to keep the temp. down.
But i thinks the problems have to do w/ the outputs & inputs. You see late after I posted the first messages I decided to hook up the output expander. Well when I turned the unit back on again I got a terrible loud buzzing noise!!! I bought this used over the internet & think I just got screwed! Have you experienced this at all?
As far as your problem goes I noticed the crackling is more severe through the headphone jack. Try listening through the mixing board & see if you notice a difference. And do you have pro grade studio moniters. Plain old stereo speakers can't really handle those frequencies.
i'm dreading the thought of calling Ensoniq tech support, because they certainly don't have a great approach towards customers. And there answer is always the # to the local service center.They need to stop treating there customers like morons cause where the ones that spend the money, use there products, & keep them in buisness!