Fran, thanks for sending me the 3 different SMF versions of the "Impossible Dream". Particularly interesting that each utilized different time signatures: 12/8, 9/8, and 4/4.

No disrespect to SMF users intended, but not only would these SMFs (commercially produced?) require a lot of Tyros re-voicing & tweaking, but the tracks sound (at least to my ears) 'heavily quantized' & genericly stereo-typical of 'cookie cutter' sounding karaoke backing tracks that lack convincingly live realism.

Thanks to Diki's excellent suggestion of utilizing 3/4 styles: (3/4 x 3 = 9/8), I think adapting one of the Tyros Preset internal 3/4 styles to be the ideal solution. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that myself. Anyway, there are actually quite a few Tyros '3/4 styles' which I think will work well for the song "Impossible Dream". Here are my top Tyros 3/4 style choices for this song:

JazzWaltzSlow
Guitar Serenade
English Waltz

Best of all, these sound terrific right out of the box. No tweaking required. Thanks again to all for all who responded, especially Diki.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 07-29-2005).]