It really depends on how an arranger is used by the user.

If you are playing one fingered chords, and strickly useing the styles out of the box (styles that sound like songs made already), no tweeking, then there is an up hill battle for the acceptance of arrangers with in the electronic musician circles. Not that I personally think there is any thing wrong with using an arranger that way as long as it works for you, makes you happy and you are able to get jobs doing what you do and useing what you use (I feel the same way about using MP3s waves and midis).

However, if you create your own styles and make your performance sound different from a CD, then people get the impression that you have done or are doing most of the work.

After all when the use of a drum machine and a keyboard was used a lot in the 90s, for some reason that has had greater acceptance than just using an arranger out of the box.

But I think if people hear a song being played from an arranger and sounds different that seems to have more acceptance with other musicians.

Well this has been the case because there have been times when other musicians have come up after a performance and was wondering how does the set-up work given that they only see one keyboard.

When they are told that the styles were created by the player and you control the movement of the chords with the left (and sometimes right) hand by pressing full chords, they seem to appreciate the work and preparation done by the arranger user involved for a performance.