Thanks for the responses guys!

Firstly Ketron, i already have many extra styles for the x1 from other keyboards, but they dont play that well sometimes, especially the yamaha styles... i still feel the answer lies within getting a 2nd board.... as much as i hate to admit it, the x1 is not really the appropriate keyboard for that purpose... just the way that the techno type styles are programmed in the X1 says it all, they are just standard (but in a nice way) affair because they sound very similar but tweaked around a bit..there are some lovely house styles in the x1, but they sound early 90's, things for artists like Robert Miles or that guy that did a remix version of Baker Street... and thats the problem you get with every keyboard i think, certain styles go out of date and its usually the dance type styles.. but hey i never bought the x1 for that purpose so its not a problem... to be honest, i want to keep the x1 the way it is rather than turning it into something that its not as it just does not give the x1 justice and stops it for doing what it does better than most other boards!!!!

UD, getting to try/buy a PA80 or 60 isnt a problem as my local dealer does Korg stuff... From your description, it definately sounds like the job, and also downloading the mp3's certainly gives me the impression that this keyboard has been designed for use for a younger audience as well! the PA60 i will go for because i do not need those features as such. Its going to be more of an extension... it would also make a nice change because i have not used another board in 3 years!! just goes to show you how good the X1 really is!!!