Hi Seep,

You probably want to change your MIDI connections slightly. The MIDI Translator is a 2-port (ie 2 ins and 2 outs) interface right? If it is, you'll want to connect the K11 out to the MT (MIDI Translator) input 1 and the K11 in to the MT output 1. As well, you'll want to connect the e6400 out to the MT input 2 and the e6400 in to the MT output 2.

I hope this makes sense. The way Logic works (I use it too, but I'm on Logic Platinum) is that when you select a track, it is assigned to an instrument. Even though you may be playing a note on the K11, if you've selected a e6400 track, only the e6400 will sound (unless you have "Local" turned on on the K11).

The CD Rom drive should have a terminator on it and you should use high quality SCSI cables for it. Terminators only need to be on the last device on the SCSI chain. The e6400 will automatically have termination turned on but the CD Rom drive won't necessarily. I believe that Jaz and Zip drives have termination built in and you can switch it on and off.

HTH
Fernando