Blowing the poly on a Motif Classic based sound engine with only 32 note poly won't be very hard. Just a few tracks and BAM!!! you'll max out.

I think Yammie is heading in the right direction but it's just odd to create this board then shoot themselves in the foot in regards to potential sales with the poly. This issue of poly with the MM6 is the main thing brought up on the Motif forum too.

Plus why even give it synth editing if you can't save user sounds? I don't see a "user" category on voice selection. There's another Yammie synth out called the S-03. It's not based on the Motif, but has 64 note poly, 4 element voice structure with synth editing, and room for user voices. It too is bundled with recording software. This model sells for $499--which is less than the street price of the MM6.

I wonder if Yammie will discontiue the S-03 now as they'll possibly lose sales to the MM-6 and find customes going for the S-03 instead because of increased poly, and a more "TRUE" synth engine.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.