Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

---------------------------------------------
The MM6 Music Synthesizer delivers all that power and more. Drawing on the same sounds of the popular pro-level MOTIF series instruments, the MM6 has a wide variety of dynamic, realistic and just plain powerful Voices to help you create amazing music. The MM6 also gives you total control over your sound, with real-time tweakable knobs, and features special Patterns that provide full backing - drums, bass and chords - for your live performance and song creation. And since the MM6 is exceptionally light and portable, you can bring it anywhere and everywhere your music takes you
--------------------------------------------

The "Patterns" are what the Yamaha means by phrases. The new S500 and MM6 keyboards feature 9-track sequencers where 8 tracks are for events and 9th tracks is for chords. I guess composing using these phrases will give you also harmony progressions and what it is called "full backing".

The tweakable knobs are used in Roland's Juno-D and Juno-G models for changing patch ADSR envelope, tone balance and LFO filter. I guess Yamaha does the same. I still think MM6 is low-end workstation, not the arranger. And as PSR-S500 already is the new low-end arranger, it doesn't make sense to market two low-end arrangers at the same time. Or does it?