THANKS!!!
This is such a help - my old partner and I basically performed small lounges, bars, some of the Eagles/amvets clubs, so doing the senior circuit will be new for me, thus the "senior set" music selection question. I probably won't be going "live" for several months, just in time for the snowbirds that flock here in droves every year. Don, you are so right about being "entertaining" - i've seen to many folks who don't, or can't!! I can only hope that with practice, i'll get in my own groove and style, since the last few years i've only played in duo's, being a OWB will be new for me.
I like the fact that the senior gigs are shorter, and many during the day time - I still have a 12 yr old daughter in school, and that was making some of the late night jobs a bit difficult for our family.
One of the big criticisms that was told to me about my last duo, was that my partner talked TOO much! She was a fun entertainer, but i remember a time or two when someone in the audience yelled "play some music already!" Hopefully, i can achieve a good balance, which only comes with practice and time! I will definitely take your advice and go seem so other entertainers in this venue. Would it be appropriate to call the activites director to ask if I might attend one?

Glen - I lived in solon OH for quite some time!! Marcelita's restaurant in Hudson was one of my favorite places to go eat some great mexican food! Hudson Florida is North of the Clearwater area, and about 10 miles north of New Port Richey.

and yes - i mistyped earlier - who's sorry now!!! I'm on song overload!!

Jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.