Herbie
I came into my store this morning expecting to see you today as I thought that was your plan. I understand your frustration. As I told you last week, I do carry and stock the Ketron SD1 and the Yamaha 9000pro. I have both side by side. I've told members of this forum for years now why you don't find these kinds of products in all the stores. It's not that the distributors don't want the business, it's that the business does not want the product. Some think they are too hard to use and demo, some think they are too expensive, some don't want to deal with smaller european companys compared to the major lines, etc.
Scott, just last week a friend of mine called who used to be the National Sales Rep for Solton (ketron now) and said he is working at a music store in San Francisco and is looking into selling Ketron products. I talked to New York the other day (Bell/Duvox) and I was told there is representation in the SanJose area and Sacramento area and that they are looking into this dealer in San Francisco. Understand that just because you want a keyboard line, financial obligations and financial stability also must be considered as well.
What I tell my customers is that if they don't like what they've purchased from me, they can exchange it for any other product I sell. There is however, no refunds. The good news has been that very few times I've had to exchange a product for another, but if necessary, I'm glad to do it.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)