As a consumer, I have never been as frustrated in buying a keyboard as I am now. Let me explain,

1.No ONE music dealer in Las Vegas has either keyboard for me to audition. The big chains like Mars who advertise they have Psr9000 won't stock it until I buy it and even if they did stock it these sale skids would not know how to demo it properly anyway. They direct me to the big family music stores or the home organ shops. Well, reality is they only go up to the PSR2000 and never heard of ketron,solton, or sd1. As a matter of fact, they tell me that their cliental does not want anything that elaborate or expensive. NOW I HAVE FALLEN THROUGH THE CRACKS OF KEYBOARD HELL.

2.This brings me to option #2. MAIL ORDER!!!! I don't have 3k just to plunk down for mail order and see what is sounds like.

3.I am a branch manager of the largest wholesale security dealer in the O.S. We rep 700 lines and see reps all day long. If my customers would like to see a large matrix switcher which normally runs around 10k and up, I call the rep in to demo this to my customer. NO SUCH LUCK IN THE KEYBOARD WORLD. Logically I would call on the Yamaha rep Jake Jacobe or the Solton Rep ????

4. My only other option is to drive 5 hours one way across the desert to a LA music store and demo these. How impractical is that. I don't know about anyone else, but if I drive 5 hours one way I don't have the wits that afternoon to make a logical rational decision. Which means now I have to pay for a hotel room! I am glad I am not a starving musician otherwise this option would be completely out of the question.

5. I am glad I live in Las Vegas because this whole process is what I call a huge "GAMBLE" thank god for the synth zone. I at least have some advise. But as everyone knows, these styles are so subjective I have to hear this with my own ears.

Is anyone out there as frustrated as I am? Is there a loaner program out there? Can I rent each Keyboard just for 1 day? (I can't believe I said that. That's like renting a car before I buy one)
Please advise.
Herbi