I used to own the MZ-2000. All I can say is DAMN it was nice board. Sold mine some time ago too. I'd take the MZ over the WK-3000/3500 any day. The WK's share the same sound set (that's why the WK's are so nice now). The MZ has a huge screen. Initial and AFTERTOUCH, 15 watt speakers system (and man does it have bass). Also the MZ-2000 has an EXTENSIVE voice editing. It's even beyond the voice editing capabilities of the Yamaha PSR-3000. The MZ gives you 64 voice poly, 9 sliders to edit with and operate the draw bars, and the drawbars on the MZ are way better than the Casio WK's. It has 16 track recording with a capacity of 40,000 notes. It records user styles (and also does loop recording and pattern copy and paste) I'd say the only advantage the WK's have is 76 keys and smart media storage. Oh yeah, the MZ also has a mic/line input with its own volume control. The mic/line can be used for hooking up a microphone or a drum machine, and anything else you can think of plugging into it. The mic/line input also has effects you can use for the incoming signal. The MZ is still miles ahead of the WK's, and even has features some of Yamaha's top arrangers don't have like full voice editing, aftertouch, and real time sliders. Also I currently own the WK-3500. When I was shopping for a new board I was looking for another MZ-2000, but I couldn't find any for sale so I took the WK-3500 because it shares several of the MZ's features

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-29-2004).]

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-29-2004).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.