Russ,
I used that exact setup a few years back and it KICKS A** ! The Motionsound was awesome, and I just used a small bass amp for the bottom end, and mic's the top. It was "the" sound.
I just horse traded ( sorry, pal )with a friend/dealer for a NI B4D, and it comes with a hardware drawbar controller. It feels great, looks wonderful, and I already LOVE teh sound of the NI software instrumenmts, so I'm sure this will do the trick for my home setup.
This little controller has 22 buttons, 2 rorary knobs and 9 drawbars. NO menues needed to operate on the fly ! The drawbars can control 3 keyboards, and the sound source is full polyphonly. ( I guess the PC has to be strong enough to handle it, though )

I'm excited - your old Rhodes on the bottom, this new "B" on top - all I need is that funky D6 to finish off the arsenal !
I'll be a chord compin' maniac soon ! I'll need to have a jazz/funk jam here at my house this summer, so these tools can get a workout !

Who's in? Russ will want to play bass, maybe Boo on tenor, Nigel on gtr, If the weather's nice - we can have a poolside jam!

I have 2 extra rooms for overnighters too !