Thanks for responding. Yes-- one of my favorite semi-realistic sounds a cz can make is synth brassy. Also great for synth drums and long destruction of the universe noises. I park my CZs next to my Arp/Fender Chroma because they are similarly mentally ill.
ABOUT THE DG-20--It does remind me of an old sears guitar and one is quite right to wonder if it works. It does work pretty well for what it is but it lacks the feel of a guitar and you can't do extremely fast/complicated music. Plastic strings are a bit hard to get used to but it's nice (esp. for a so-so musician like myself) to be able to get some guitar ideas fed out to a synth. The midi out can be assigned to ch. 1 or to ch. 1 through 6 with each string controlling a different channel. I have used this 6 synth controller mode live and it worked out nicely (again--nothing too fast...) I've played better steel string casio midi guitars and want one (hell, I want everything...) but this plastic stringed model--though it plays rather poorly--has no delay (as many midi guitars do) between hitting the string and getting the sound. I believe this is because there is no pitch to control voltage action/calculation going on... Because, well -- It's rigged like a guitar-organ. Each string triggers its own little vibration sensor (sending it a simple on/off) and the note for that string is selected by finger pressure(neck/fingerboard covered with black rubbery switch membrane) on the fret. It's a simple switch matrix sort of setup. A sort of constantly active portamento keeps note transitions slighly smoother. Some of the built-in sounds (shamisen/flanger/glocken) are quite charming and the drum patterns are fun to play along with. A great toy.