Let me begin by saying that I gig daily with Tyros2 and have no complaints about its weight.

That said, I can fully appreciate the benefits the S900 offers over Tyros2 for daily giggers. It's not only the weight but the keyboard's dimensional shape & footprint size that must be considered as well. In this regard, the S900 has a clear advantage because it doesn't have sharp corner like Tyros2 and it's smaller footprint size meets the ability to fit into a smaller compact more easily manuveurable case.

If I did'nt already own a Tyros2, I probably would gone with an S900 for it's smaller light weight advantage and the built in 'monitor' speakers, and because it (like Tyros2) supports lyrics text (.txt) display, eliminating need for music charts/sheets or laptop/Musicpad pro display onstage altogether. If quick responsive keyboard feel is important, and your keyboard playing style includes detailed pianistic articulation, then I recommend Tyros2 over the S900. On S900, I feel like I'm fighting the sluggish non-weighted keys when attempting to play quick detailed articulated melodic passages, whereas on Tyros2, the keys respond far more quickly allowing for more expressive solo playing. The other Tyros2 advantage is unlimited new (instrument) voice expandability, especially with all the 'wav sampled' instrument voice offered from Pemo & World of Keys , and others; and the much larger brighter tilt screen, which affords improved screen visiablity outdoors, especially with an add on screen shade which can be attached to the tilt screen allowing for adjustment to keep the sun from hitting the screen. Other Tyros2 features missing on the S900 are 3 RT voices vs 2 on S900 and 3 foot controller pedal outputs vs 2 on S900. For me, a minimum of 3 foot pedal assignment outputs is essential: (1)damper, (2)fill to self, and (3)vocalizer on/off. That said, you can expand the S900's foot pedals output from 2 to 3 by purchasing a midi assignable foot pedal controller from Midi Solutions . In fact, on my Tyros2, I utilize a 4 pedal foot controller unit, with the 4th pedal assigned via midi. Here is a link to another thread where I discuss discuss the midi assignable unit in more detail: here .

In conclusion, utilize the keyboard that best suit YOUR indiviual requirements (not mine, or anyone else's), while realizing that no one keyboard is perfect for everyone. That said, let's all continue to do what we love . . . making music.

Scott