Chris, Steve and others,

I'm running windows 98SE(second edition)I'm gonna look for the IE6 file now.

Chris - In fact I did download a spyware (maybe Adware)and ran it. It acted like it was free. Then it wanted me to purchase something that would remove some files it located. So I uninstalled it. I guess it got mad at me. If they do crap like this on purpose they should be hung by the neck until dead.

Steve - Yes! A pop up had been coming up for quite a while asking to view and install "Critical Updates from MS", so I did. I don't know which ones. I did all of this around the same time the other day and that is when the crap started.

I hope you guys can help me. Amazing Slow Downer, and Band In A Box just freezes up like Tom said, and I have to hold the off button for 7 or 8 seconds for the stupid thing to shut down. It won't shut off from the start up icon once it freezes up.

I don't seem to have trouble shutting down from the Net if I close the ISP first and then click the shut down icon.

I do have tons of pop ups trying to come up but popup stopper does the job, but it sure slows me down.

Thanks friends,
Boo

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 11-13-2003).]