I had the board for a while but traded it in back in June for a PA80. If you are a bit more specific with the question I might be able to remember a little and help you more if this doesnt answer your question. Accomp styles can certainly be edited partially or entirely through the pattern sequencer ( you can edit one piece, or as many pieces as you like, instrument patches, mixer setups, eqs and effects just about anything even mostly outside the pattern seq ), but in order to change notes in a specific part ( say the guitar part in 8beat1 stle variation A ) you would have to delete the original part in the pattern sequencer first and then rerecord it. Also to make any permanent changes to the style, even those that can be made without going to the pattern sequencer, such as mixer, eq, patch, etc, the changes must be saved to a user style, and if I remember correctly you'd have to access the
pattern sequencer in order to save them as part of a style, or you could also save minor changes in a user registration.

Ultimately I got rid of the board because the support for it ( user websites, company support itself ), was virtually non existent as compared with the other major arrangers, and I didnt care for all of its' sounds, ( although some I liked just fine ) but the one thing I did like was all the functions and features it had for its price, and I sorely miss the ease of accessing those functions. It was so easy to access all of its' funtions to as opposed to the PA80, which has even more functions and features, although it is also lacking a couple that the MZ had. I tolerate the way the PA80 is setup because to me no other arranger sounds as good, and its' stylesare superb, but I'd be happier with it if it only was laid out the way the MZ is, and I wish that it had the midi to pattern conversion function built in as the MZ does, rather than having to use external software. I'm almost sorry I traded it in, becuase I would have liked to have kept it if I didn't need the funds to purchase the PA80.

Best Regards,
AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 11-05-2001).]