I can agree with that in part Diki, because key feel and aftertouch and similar things aside, your still using a keyboard to generate the notes.

Where there is a big difference is for those of us trying to get fairly close to other instruments, like Guitar, saxes, etc. Even the best samples won't always get you very close, because the dynamics of playing a keyboad are so radically different than those of playing a stringed instrument or for reeds, for example.

That's where it may ( or may not be ) worth it to spend and get the latest stuff, because the design techniques continue to improve and there has been a move toward mixing modeling technology with higher quality multisamples. There have been very nice strides made in some areas recently and you can get a lot closer now ( Real Guitar for example ) than even a couple of years ago. Still, for reeds, tenor sax for example, I don't thnk anyone has quite figured out how to best the old VL technology from Yamaha yet, but I'm sure at some point someone will.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 11-11-2005).]