trtjazz,
I agree with you that the Motif Rack is a good sound module (even to use with Claudiu's VA).

However, I would suggest the full keyboard to Claudiu. Even though Claudiu's VA is a very nice arranger, just adding the Motif's sounds via a module (rack) to the VA wouldn't allow Claudiu to accomplish the task.

Claudiu would also need the "sequencing power" of the Motif to drive those voices. The Motif's sequencer would be much more efficient in creating the backing tracks (ie: patterns) needed for the music.

Claudiu, I say if you got the money go for the Mo! It won't let you down in the electronica department for music creation (nor will it let you down for more traditional styles of music either).

I do feel I should mention that if the VA-76's operations and functions have you a little baffled, be prepared for a learning curve (as you'd find on ANY synth/workstation).

My suggestion if to completely familiarize yourself with your VA. Learn the ins and outs of that unit. Learn to use the style creator so you can get the hang of loop and overdub recording, learn to utilize the voice editing features so you can get a basic understanding on how to create and edit custom voices.

Your VA is really a powerhouse! It's also a great board to have and use to "grasp" basic sequencing, and other things as well.

Once you've gotten a good hand on operating your VA, you'll find that operating a synth such as the Motif or Triton will be much easier.

Best Regards,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.