Today I stopped at GC to pick up a cable and saw that they had just received the SRM350s. This is a speaker that has had a fair amount of hype so I was excited to check it out.

We A/B the speaker against a JBL EON10 G2. Fair comparison... both ~ the same size, same price, and both with a 10" speaker, tho the JBL weighs 23 lbs and the 350 ~ 33 lbs.

IMO, the SRM outperformed the JBL, in terms of overall high fidelity sound quality, by a notch or 2. We also compared the Yamaha MSR100, which ran a distant 3rd, IMO.

I must add that considering price, size, and convenience along with performance, the MSR100 is hard to beat. But again, I was only considering sound quality, which at best is very subjective. What I personally look for is much the same as what I would look for (actually LISTEN for) in stereo speakers... a good smooth spectrum of high fidelity sound that has little coloration, but good clean highs and solid, not mushy, bass.

I was impressed enough to purchase the 350. I will giving it a good A/B comparison against the EON10 and EV SxA100 over the next few days.