Yep, I still think the PSR2000 is a great sounding keyboard and a terrfic value, despite a few minor quirks (no flash ROM upgradeability, no hard drive, limited User Rom storage), is both a great home & studio KB and best choice for gigging musicians who need a small & light easily transportable unit that has terrific sounds, a good selection of usable stock styles, and a terrific Music Finder Database which makes song selection & searching (alphabetical, by genre, styles, and customizable fields) both easy & quick. Yamaha was somehow able to put both pro features (Music Finder, Styles with integrated OTS settings, 1,920 ppq song & style sequencer note resolution) & excellent sound in a sub $1,000 keyboard. I think that was an amazing accomplishment. I've owned mine for 6 months and am still very pleased with it as my primary live gigging kb. Believe it or not, I prefer the PSR2000's sounds over the my former Technics KN5000 keyboard which originally cost me over $3K with hard drive & assesories. TThe PSR2000 has no keyboard afterTouch, but doesn't pose a problem (for me) because Yamaha chose to instead incorporate (with great realistic sounding success) aftertouch vibrato into the samples themselves (sax, flute, etc). Even the lightweight (flimsy?) keyboard action has (surprisingly) not been a problem for me, especially since my keyboard background has been playing weighted action acoustic pianos. Andrea (Dreamer), Roland VA7 & Ketron SD1 owner, who visited me from Italy and heard me perform on the PSR2000 as well as play my PSR2000 himself over last week, has almost instantly become a fan of the PSR2000 as well. He told me he was particularly impressed with the sax ad horn sounds, and that he is now seriously considering purchasing the PSR2000 too. Currently my only beef with the PSR2000 is lack of flash ROM, and limited onboard ROM storage, but at $1,000, the PSR2000 (imho)remains the BEST arranger keyboard value out there. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com