Hi scott,

I think working with the pa1xpro or pa1x on a gig is a "peace of cake". You can all save your registrations,styles, mp3's,midifiles in the heart of the pa1x/pro that's call "songbook mode" !!!
In this mode you store all your files like i said (mp3, midi,styles,...). If you change from a styleplay song with the arranger and you select the next item e.g. midifile you don't must change to the songplay mode!! automatic change the keyboard to this mode and places the midifile direct in the sequencer 1 only push the play button and the midifile start automatic.... after that you decide for playing a piece with the arranger select in your songbook the file and you will change direct to the arranger with the registrated style,sounds and one touch settings you have made.
Also if you play a midifile or mp'3 in the songbook mode you can choose 4 one touch registrations of your choice with the midi-or mp3 file. This make working with the korg pa1x/pro much easier than other keyboards. If i play with the Ketron i must always change to song play mode, choose my file to play and after that i must change to arranger mode and select a new registration for playing with styles.
Now it's done in one mode and change automaticly to the correspondent file.

I know like many here say, the operating system is not easy of the korg pa1x/pro but if you take the time to understand this, you will see that it has more functions and options like other keyboards.

Like you ask Scott, i have take a "few months" to understand my new korg keyboard.
and it also take alot to make the new registrations, balance your midifiles to the new sounds of this keyboard, making mp3's and samples of drumloops to synchronize with the styles. The first two months i have not taking my korg on a gig and played with my ketron. and than take the two keyboards,... and now only the korg...
regards,

Notlos www.notlos.com

------------------

[This message has been edited by notlos (edited 07-21-2005).]