Hi Harold. Yes, I've auditioned the PA1XPro at my local Guitar Center store on several occasions and was very impressed with many of Korg's signature fresh sounding sounds & styles. I used to own the Korg 01/W FD so it was great to hear many of these classic sounds again. Both styles & sounds (to my ears) have a more contemporary flavor than Yamaha's (more traditional). The other thing I appreciate a lot about the KB is its recent inclusion of rootless chord recognition. With this finally added, I felt right at home playing the 76 keys (great response/feel) and getting the kind of acoustic piano 'comping sound' I like so much, as integrating & mixing both: chords which include the root, as well as rootless voiced chords, expands the palette of chordal sound possibilities to include the open sound of stacked 4ths, tri-tone intervals, especially played by keyboard players in jazz & blues.

Regretably, the PA1XPro's stock acoustic piano sounds & the keyboard's complicated OS navigation system (and touch screen) failed to impress me. The acoustic pianos (overly bright, harsh) though perhaps suitable for rock genres (to cut thru the band mix), are NOT suitable for exposed acoustic jazz styles of which is my primary playing genre. In addition, attempting to navigate windows & buttons on the fly become unendingly frustrating. Perhaps over time, I could master the OS/navigation, but interestingly, I had no problem from the get go, navigating 'on the fly' when I auditioned the Technics KN'S, Yamaha PSR's, or (most recently) the recently introduced Roland G70. As I auditioned the PA1XPro, I kept wondering to myself 'how long' it would take for me to feel comfortable taking it out on a gig.

Harold, your report that the PA1XPro & PA1X now offer a Piano expansion board which includes Steinway Piano samples have got my ears perked up in re-considering the PA1XPro again. If the expansion board's acoustic pianos are truly as impressive as you say, I might re-consider the PA1XPro as a studio piece, as it may be a an easier alternative recording solution then attempting to mic my Steinway B Acoustic Grand piano.

Ok, back to the PA1X's notorious complex OS user interface. Fully appreciating Notlos' (Dirk Baert) impressive PA1XPro produced demos:

Notlos & other PA1XPro/PA1X owners; I'm wondering how the PA1XPro is working for you guys when playing 'on the fly' material on stage. Are you able to navigate & operate the PA1Xpro quickly on the fly for arranger keyboard (auto accomp mode) performance gigs. How easy is it to call up styles, sounds & custom song setups 'on the fly'? One of the critical aspects in solo arranger kb performance is making your performance come off seamless & ez, even if it really isn't. How long did it take for you to setup song sets & to feel comfortable playing & navigating the buttons & OS on stage? Thanks. - Scott