Hi Dennis,

I was only speculating about what George Kaye might have meant. I guess we need to find out 'for sure', after his return from Italy.

I think the 9000pro is certainly a terrific keyboard, but one IMPORTANT strong point (not yet mentioned in this thread) in favor of the PSR2000 is that it's sequencer supports a whopping 1,920 ppq (parts/quarter note) timing resolution. What does that mean? MUCH more accurate reproduction of your recorded styles and songs. I believe the 9000pro & PSR9000 only support 192ppq (or possibly 480 ppq). Either way, the PSR9000/9000pro's style & song sequencer's timing resolution is a far cry from the 1,920 ppq timing resolution supported on the PSR2000. The Technics KN keyboards are unfortunately even WORSE, at 96 ppq.

I recorded and played back my keyboard playing with the sequencer's timing resolution set at 1,960 ppq (unquantized). I then lowered (set) the timing resolution to 120ppq (quantized) and played back the recording again and could hear a clear difference in the recording. The recording lost much of the original spark which was there when played back at 1,920 ppq. The higher the timing resolution, the more life like & accurate the style pattern will sound to the original performance. A key element to what makes legendary musicians sound special is how they might play ever so slightly behind/ahead of the beat or subtly accent grooves (anticipations/delays), etc. The higher the note resolution the greater ability to capture was was intended. You may not conciously hear it, but you will 'feel' the spontaneous (non quantized) magic of the original performance. I'm confident that the Yamaha Tyros will support a sequencer timing resolution of 1,920 ppq as well. I can only hope the keyboarad manufacterer competition will quickly follow as I think the PSR2000 is the only arranger keyboard to date which supports 1,920 ppq.

- Scott