I have just read keybplayers (Mike) message. I am VERY surprised to read that message... Facts are:

The keyboard mode is not saved, when shifting OTS registrations on the G-70. This is not a bug. It is a design decision from Rolands R&D team. It is common knowledge that the G-70 does not save the keyboard mode in the OTS registrations. It is even desribed in the manual.

The G-1000 works BTW just the same way as the G-70. On the G-1000 you can't save the keyboard mode either.

The E-80 works in another way. Rolands R&D team has chosen to design the OTS concept otherwise on the E-80.

The above are the facts!

Now, what surprises me is that Alex has turned this into the most important thing on the G-70?! The G-70 beats the G-1000 on literally hundreds of features, but this is completely forgotten in this case!? Furthermore, this is NOT A BUG, so don't call it a bug

Reading the threads on this issue might lead you to think that everyone thinks that this is a great problem. I will just add that this is not in any way a problem to me. Like most G-70 owners I owned a G-1000 before, so I can't miss something that I never had before.

Nevertheless I agree that the OTS concept on the E-80 is smarter than on the G-70. But if this is such an important issue, then buy a E-80 instead In the meantime we have kindly asked Roland to implement "save keyboard mode in OTS" in a future OS update. Let's hope that they will listen to this

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 08-04-2006).]