I was about to post about the humming when I came across this thread. A newer member here just bought a pair. I spoke with him on the phone this morning. It seems the hissing as he described it, bothered him also. And he did mention that he wasn't satisified with the bottom end, but he did admit that he is used to 15" speakers and an 18" sub-woofer in his 5 piece band.

I almost ordered the SxA 100's today. But I'm going to return the Samson and sit tight.

I like the sound of my Peavey 15" TLS5 speakers. I just don't like carrying them around. Only 43 lbs but kind of big for moving around and I really hate having to fool with the cables and a mixer etc. I like the all in one aspect of a combined unit.

If Donny and Scott still like their stuff later down the line, I'll reconsider. It'd be different if I could get them for $349 each. But $1000 for a pair is making me nervous with all of the humming and hissing problems.

when I get something I'm giong to have to keep it. I'm still trying to get a gig.