brought the suspect speaker in to the service contractor today...he plugged it in and thought it was as he put it "just a low end EV speaker symptom"...Huh? He then proceeded to try and tell me in nice terms that these powered speakers are EV's attempt to offer their high end sound in a low budget package, and they didn't do a very good job of it. At this point, I was ready to just walk out, but a funny thing happened...it was as if he realized he was thinking out loud...kinda shrugged his shoulders and made 2-3 phone calls. I noticed a new Sxa100 on top of his speaker mountain against the wall, and got an associate to fetch it and plug it in...as suspected..no buzz..like my other one at home. he then got 3 speaker technicians to come in, and they all said it was probably a bad amp. They discribed it as dirty AC sounding...not buzz. Anyhow, they called EV and a new amp is on the way. If that doesn't work, it' off to Sam Ash for a replacement. I brought it back home with me and will use it for practice and set up as the noise does not get louder with volume..but it is very noticeable inside of 15 feet with a quiet room. Kinda sucks though...not the beginning I was looking for with my new set-up. Oh well, looks like I drew the short stick in our group this time around. Interesting side note, all of the techs said they prefer the G2 EOns to the mackie 450 and the EV's. My guess is they have double the watts..and that was their preference...boosting the most noise...I mean music...into the atmosphere. Anyhow..That's it Cheers brian