Dan, great tunes. I myself do some of these as well, but my mostly older (40+) target audience prefers the older standards.

Terry: I admire the fact that ALL your 800 tunes are 'originals'.

Hi Gary. Checked your song repetoire list and yes yours contains much of the same material as mine. Classic gold stuff for sure. There are a few tunes on your list that I don't know, so I look forward to checking them out (via internet mp3) and perhaps learn some of them.

Chico: I enjoyed finding out your top 30 song list. Though I too enjoy playing the Jobim tunes in your list, as well as the American Standards, I'm not yet familiar with songs: #7, 8, 9, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 28, and 30. Do you know if these tunes are included in a published fakebook?

Richard: Sounds like a lot your song material is focussed in the earlier part of the 20th century. Looks like a lot of new songs for me to explore.

Actually, though many of my venues are geared to the over 50 set, many in the 25- 40 age group also enjoy the older standards as well, especially because these songs seems to be popping up a lot in movies & commercials. It's been very popular recently for younger contemporary artists (Sting, Natalie Cole, Harry Connick Jr, myself, etc) to perform classic standards from the American Songbook which has brought about a retro resurgence in traditional pop by the younger generation. A lot of a songs success & audience receptiveness has to do with 'HOW' (what style) you deliver the song. I often update my classic pop material to a more contemporary rhythm when playing for a younger crowd. Looking forward to checking out song lists from others of you out there now, in order to get even MORE ideas of new songs to add to my repetoire.

Scott