Rikkis,
How much work is it to get the SD-2 working with a software program like Cakewalk or PowerTracks? Does the unit benefit from anything like using instrument definitions, or can selecting voices be more of a chore at times with this unit.

I'm really blown away by the sounds on the SD-2. For the price I think it would make a great addition as a sound module for my software set up. I was looking for a module that would favor well for traditional styles such as classical, film, orchestral, blues, jazz, ect. I think the SD-2's sounds (based on the demos) would really fill that gap for me without having to invest in another full keyboard, as my playroom is quite full at the moment. Wife's getting ticked off with all the gear and toys I have in one room

I do model railroad, so I have a very large model railroad layout, my music equipment, and a fitness gym in the same room..
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.