I happen to think that the PA80 demos sounded exactly like the board does. I can easily identify each style used in the demo and recreate the voices used to play along wity no problem. That probably is the result of using the board for quite a while and knowing it inside and out.

The PA80 cetainly isn't flawless, but for me it was the best choice of what was out there at the time ( considering only arrangers ). Sounds being subjective as we often note here, for my bread and butter sounds and styles, the PA80 was the among the best in it's class. The Tyros has changed my opinion about the Yamaha soundset and styles though, and I could be comfortable using it as well.

I think I'll probably wait until the PSR3000 comes out and then demo it vs the PA1x speaker version if it's also out at that time. if it rivals the Tyros in sounds and styles, then the PSR3000 really only needs a better feeling keyboard for me to seriouslly consider it, but I'm very curious about the PA1x as well. If it offers a noticeable improvement over the PA80, and I like the 3000's key feel, then the choice becomes more difficult for me.

Actually, I can envision both being in a future lineup for me.