I had a chance to demo the PA1xpro today at a Sam Ash (Only one in the New york area so far .. Forest Hills Store) I Was Disappointed!!! The Grand Piano Sounded more like the I30 than the PA80?? At first I thought the Headphones were bad, then I plugged into a Yamaha 2100 and knew the headphones were fine. I expected to be " Blown Away" but????? I think the folks that loved their I30 and PA80 will be pleased. Those of you that own a Yamaha or Ketron, I think, will not be impressed. But then again this is my oppinion.
The screen has way too much info on it for its size. But I guess you can get use to it. The keyboard is nice and the build quality looks good. Did not get a chance to test the vocal section. I noticed on some styles I played that when you would press the Break Fill you would get a "normal" fill and the Fill 1 would be a break??? The Flugelhorn was excellent!! I did not care for the Sax (alto or tenor) much.
I only had about a half hour with it sooooo this is a "Quick" observation not an indepth review!!! I will be curious to hear what Tyros and SD1 users have to say. (I own an SD1)I almost purchased this one site unseen, something I would not recommend. I may get a chance to go to Korg Hdqtrs here in Long Island (someone I know is connected with them) and get a better demo. I just have to believe I missed something??? Need to give this another shot ... it had sooooo much promise and the Online demoes sounded SO GOOD!!!! To Be Continued ....