[QUOTE]Originally posted by rolandfan:]T42 i have no knowledge of importing samples into a keyboard but i am curious to know more. So the Tyros2 accepts new sounds as long as they are in wav format? Now did u find that sax wav sample on the net? Or do u have to buy such samples? Or did u create it yourself... Im trying to figure out if i do buy a T2 would i be able to actually get high quality sounds off the net to further enhance the T2... And how difficult is it to actually allocate the sample to the T2... Obviously the dimm cards must be installed for all this....sorry 4 asking so many questions... My T1 couldnt do that

The Tyros 2 accepts both WAV and aiff format.
You can use high quality sounds off the net to enhance the T2 or even buy sample CD's in these formats and create sounds yourself.
Allocating samples is fairly straight forward once you get used to it and the instruction booklet tells you all the ins and outs of doing this.
You basically call up the wave import function, select a desired element and add your wave. The hardest part is setting up the options, but you can have more than one wave per key (not sure if the maximum is 8 per key as this is all new to me at the moment).
You could in theory create a huge steinway piano WAV that has multi samples per note all velocity switched, piano heaven here I come