Diki,
I accept your apology and I apologize to everyone for ever saying anything in the first place. My wife has always told me over the years to think before I write and to not try to read between the lines. In this case I realize you were not criticizing me as much as you warning folks to be cautious of music store owners giving opinions. I thank all those who know me well for jumping to my defense. I am certain that all that have read these posts know that my intentions are always to report as objectively as possible. The one thing about me that you all must know by now, and that all my manufactures know and expect, is for me to say what I think and nothing less.
Now, let's get on with having fun around here.
You can have 12 pages of one touch settings. These 12 pages come factory loaded but you can make the pages fill up with all of the sounds you want in all these location. When you touch the "1 touch" button, a light comes on and you are now in the one page of the 1st page of the 12
Next, there is another button called "1 touch to style". If you turn this button's light on, any 1 of the 12 pages you select to be the one which is assigned to a style will be selected.
In each page of the 1 touch you have 10 choices.
I also just realized that there is about 4 mb of additonal memory in the SD5 over the XD9 and you should be able to load about 130 patterns of your choice from floppy or hard drive without needing the pattern expansion memory which allows you to load 200.
I also want to let Allen know, who bought one from me and asked me this question, you can load single registrations from a hard drive but you must have the patterns you need with these single registrations already loaded into the pattern memory.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566 www.kayesmusicscene.com

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 12-15-2006).]
(Retired 2021)