Because Yamaha is using their plastic supply for other items they manufacture..like plastics parts on Yamaha dirt bikes..

They don't make the Corporate dollars on Pro musicians...just not a large enough market...Keyboard wise, I am sure the Yamaha bucks come from the Home pianos...and dealers make a better chunk on the home piano stuff..

PSR's are without a doubt the home player market....and sorry to say..so are the Tyros models[no reflection on the instrument]..Home players [ like seniors, that can afford this product]..
And the S series is just another generation of midrange home units[PSR's with face lifts]..

The Pro 9000 was an attemt to grab the working Pro market...but I think it suffered because people were thinking , simulation of the PSR lines at the time..Same way Casio suffered sales with the MZ2000[ may have been superior to many other models from the competition , back then]..

I think Roland fair-ed better with the G800 and G1000 because most working pros can see the benefits because of the previous models like the E86...They were not in the class of the PSR's..

I think it is a sure bet that Yamaha will come out with a 76 key model again..They see the respect Korg, Ketron and Roland received with the quality 76 key models...

I think it is the only way Yamaha can compete in the pro market..

The popularity of arrangers is on the increase here in the USA, and the only way it will continue it's growth is the high end quality models have to benefit working musicians...without sacrificing quality...

Look to see Yamaha come through...that Pro9000 bad taste should be gone by now...They can smell the money..

I also think Yamaha is hurting themselves with cheap workstations...Roland too...People will soon forget that they also have top notch workstations and will start judging the Big guys by the junk..[quality wise]..

I am starting to sound like Diki...somebody please,,,,tell me to shut up...Then go to Diki's post and tell him to shut up too..