Hey I'm not saying that people don't appreciate good talent! I love to watch great players perform! And I'm there for the music, not the jokes. But as Chas said, not everyone has the ability to appreciate great talent. They only hear the music. They don't think about "how the heck is he pumping out those swinging 16ths?" or "Wow that guys got some hot licks!" The regular crowd over here usually get more out of me playing Jerry Lee Lewis type stuff, rather than George Gerswhin or Cole Porter. It's a shame, but that's the way it is. DnJ I too had a difficult time comming to terms with the entertainment part of my act. Because I'm not the kind of guy who pulls down his pants for a laugh. I don't even think that type of stuff is funny. Stuff like that is funny maybe one time, but the second time I find myself thinking "Oh man, here's that ass guy again...". But what I did was starting to talk in between numbers. While I'm fidling with patches or drum patterns. Introducing the songs, not like a DJ, but tell them stuff about the song, why I like it and stuff like that. After a while the comments got more and more funny, and I got a better response from the crowd. Now I usually have them in my hand the whole evening. The most important thing is to be true to yourself.

Doc-Z