I have used Protools for a couple of years along with Cakewalk products, that is untill Sonar and now Sonar 3.0 came out. To me Sonar does everything Protools will do and some midi related functions better. The new version of Sonar 3.0 has the vst wrapper built in and I'm using just about every major plugin and soft synth made. I can tell you from experience that if you want flawless performance buy or build a pc for music and music only, no other programs or resource hogging programs. I have a system that although is not the biggest baddest spec'd pc made can and does out perform some peoples "Protools" setups because the heart of the system is tweaked for music and is maintained as such. I often track as much as 30-40 tracks with plugins and softsynths running and never have issues. Sorry I'm off the track but I can assure you from my Professional experiance it's more about the engine in the car than the fabric of the interior. Right now I believe with the exception of the dedicated hardware you can't go wrong with Sonar, Cubase SX or nuendo, each offer about the same specs and is on par with Protools.........

[This message has been edited by mdolmon (edited 01-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by mdolmon (edited 01-07-2004).]