I have studied this subject for a long time. Epson R200 and R300 (maybe others) are consistently considered the best. They make CD blanks that you can print directly to. Except... ink can/will smear if wet. Hand sweat, water... a mess. I know guys who spray clear lacquer over but others say oh my, could damage a CD player.

The best, by far, is the LightScribe CDRW by Hewlett Packard? I think that's the company. Anyway, LightScribe uses the same laser that burns the CD... you flip it over and then it will burn a very classy looking label on the other side of the disc. Requires special CD blanks. Not too pricey but way more than regular blanks. But for demo's cost per unit is not too important.

The look is great but the drawback is time to burn. Not good. You'd have to do it when you're doing other things. Looks great though. I don't know of another solution that produces as a good a result with no side effects. We're talking about 1-at-a-time burns, as opposed to a company doing 50 for you. Which would be the best way if you knew your music wouldn't change.

LightScribe CDRW, around $100.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000