SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#502295 - 02/20/21 09:08 AM Re: Modifying styles on a BK-9...special techniques? [Re: Diki]
Delkeen Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
What you've described (no start/stop on FC-7) makes a lot of sense for performance settings, and frankly, may be just as useful at home as well.

I am curious how you do make adjustments to the FC-7 on a gig if you can't attach the settings to performances. Do you just avoid using it when you are doing midi playback, or have you found a quick way to go in and adjust the settings?

I do recall (back in the day) how hopeful some of the group was that Roland would take our input seriously for suggestions and modifications. The point is now moot, but it is interesting that those offers were not picked up.

Again, thanks for the feedback and insights.

#502303 - 02/21/21 02:29 PM Re: Modifying styles on a BK-9...special techniques? [Re: Delkeen]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I pretty much only use the FC7 when I’m doing much arranger stuff, which is pretty rare these days. I can do what I need in a song using the Assign SW’s and panel buttons for SMF/MP3’s most of the time.

Tbh, it’s just one more bit of gear to lug around for little reason these days. I used it a lot more back when I did styles a lot more, but of little use nowadays.

However, I do use the FC7 every time I use my BK-7m because of the need for hands free control while playing my keytar..!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online