SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#451236 - 04/29/18 10:00 AM Re: PSR S970 Vocal Harmony demo [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hate to break up the southward journey, but I did use the internal vocal processor/harmonizer on the PSR S970 for the last hour or so last night.
It worked fine. I actually the sound of the vocals. Using one voice a third above works good with the harmonizer.
My main two grips...there is no light to show when the harmonizer is on, without opening the mic screen. And there is still a slight glitch when you engage or disengage the harmonizer while singing. If you time it so you turn it on or off between notes it's fine. It is not as noticeable as on previous models but still there.
I've been spoiled by how seamless the T.C. Helicon harmonizer works.
Having said this, I will eliminate the outboard processor to cut down on clutter and connections. Audience don't know the difference for sure.
I'm glad the keyboard remember the settings I set up some time ago. Now I have to set it so that the registration memories don't change the pedal assignment.

#451238 - 04/29/18 10:28 AM Re: PSR S970 Vocal Harmony demo [Re: DonM]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Good report Don. I can see where cutting down the clutter will make gigging easier for you.
Keep the healing going!

jingleman

#451241 - 04/29/18 11:03 AM Re: PSR S970 Vocal Harmony demo [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Pardon the intrusion but what does this have to do with Vocal harmony? (OP).........just sayin', LOL....and JUST KIDDING!! grin
Dave that was a great post which reinforced my last 50+ years performing so I must have been doing almost everything you mentioned and more. Thanx for speaking from the trenches with a heavy heart many hear will never experience it but I'm sure they understand what it is to put yourself on the line full time to make the audiences happy, support your family, and making a decent living for a very long time with enduring passion thruout......Love you man!!
Even though the Game is changing rapidly keep making them happy night after night!

keys

Edited by Dnj (04/29/18 11:18 AM)

#451260 - 04/29/18 03:38 PM Re: PSR S970 Vocal Harmony demo [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well written, Uncle Dave ...
I truly miss the days when I was playing restaurants and country clubs and had so many of the same patrons come in every weekend ... the bond you can make is quite amazing ...
After having played in a band with the same guys for 26 years, when I moved to RI I took a 7 - 8 year 'hiatus' from playing out ... I can remember the first restaurant I played in when I FINALLY got the 'castagnes' to hit "the trenches" again ... there was one couple in particular, every Friday night, and he would request "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing" ... of course he only had to request it twice and from then on it was automatic for me any time they came into the place ... Fast forward a few years, different restaurant, the same couple walks in and I dedicated the song to them - they were amazed that I remembered ...
I am somewhat disheartened by the fact that at my age of 77 years, I still feel I have a lot of music to give - which is validated when I sub for a friend of mine at an upscale restaurant in MA - but no 40 - 50 year old owner/manager is going to hire a guy my age to entertain their clientele ...
Ours is an amazing gift, and I will keep at it in some form until the Good Lord says "That's enough" ...

#451262 - 04/29/18 04:01 PM Re: PSR S970 Vocal Harmony demo [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

^ Rock on!

#451270 - 04/30/18 02:01 AM Re: PSR S970 Vocal Harmony demo [Re: DonM]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Tony
I am the same age as you and just hitting my stride, even if the steps are a little shorter. I hope to die at my keyboard, but not too soon I hope.

#451277 - 04/30/18 06:37 AM Re: PSR S970 Vocal Harmony demo [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bernie, as the song says: :Everybody wants to go to heaven, But nobody wants to go now…" wink
Keep on keepin' on ... rocker

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online