SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#440620 - 11/09/17 03:23 PM Genos positioning...and an illuminating chat
agoldstraw Offline

Interesting blog post on the marketing of the Genos.

Funnily enough, when I was at the dealer getting my PA4X, I had quite a lengthy chat with my sales guy about Yamaha's marketing of the Genos so far.

He was of the opinion that Yamaha's marketing people had 'lost their minds' by placing the emphasis on EDM/electronica. "Kids doing that sort of stuff don't have that amount of money to spend. I really don't know what Yamaha Germany were thinking."

Amusingly enough, he ended up by telling me how all turned out well in the end.. "They got us in a European briefing and said: 'We're going after the younger market...50 to 70-year-olds!'"

Fortunately, assiduous rear guard action by the dealerships appears to be paying off. Two silver-haired guys dropped in to collect their new Genos while I was waiting for my PA4X OS to be upgraded.

The strong, lengthy relationship the shop clearly had with these two customers stood out - they knew that one had a heart problem, the other was waiting for a knee op.

While I was there, one of the other sales guys also talked a new Genos owner down from the ceiling because a feature had been moved to an unfamiliar place. Kudos to them – they were earning their corn.

#440640 - 11/10/17 05:23 AM Re: Genos positioning...and an illuminating chat [Re: agoldstraw]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Interesting post...well said.

In my mind, the whole arranger thing is for more experienced musicians who do solo gigs, write music or whatever.

Most of the younger folks I know(I teach high school part time)want to play music with their friends...form a band, play individual instruments...plus they don’t have the $$$.

That said, at some point this school year, I plan to do an arranger demo at this high school.

#440688 - 11/10/17 03:57 PM Re: Genos positioning...and an illuminating chat [Re: agoldstraw]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
So..now I wander...for the music I like to play...maybe Tyros 5 is a better arranger for me??
I'll know more tomorrow after my time with Genos at Sears Music Center...Ocala,FL (Diamond Yamaha dealer) He has both side by side too!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online