SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#435949 - 08/12/17 12:59 PM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

I did over 20 years ago, several times with a cover band of friends...almost 25 years ago
Nerveswrecking, Made me stop making music for years..
iT required atleast half a bottle of gin, to stop my hands Shaking
When i starten plating again almost a decade later, i promised myself never to return to that hell

http://keyszone.boards.net

#435951 - 08/12/17 02:30 PM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Many of us have started out on the STOMACH STEINWAY. I played for 20 years before switching to organ then keyboards. Best learning inst. ever.
MEL

#435956 - 08/12/17 04:01 PM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The size of the audience really isn't a factor..
I have played for over 10,000 people, a few times in Sea Isle City.. Outdoor music festival..

And upwards of 8,000 people several times in Wildwood.

The only folks that we can see are the people in front of us... not much different then the 100 people we play for at a senior event..

BTW: my first concert solo performance was at the age of 12.... on accordion.. I didn't know I was suppose to be nervous grin

Rarely if ever have I been nervous about anything I have done in life. smile I have been zeroed in to do my best at times.. Competitive
in sports and auto racing, bike racing etc.

#435968 - 08/12/17 11:36 PM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Fran Carango]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
The size of the audience really isn't a factor..
The only folks that we can see are the people in front of us... not much different then the 100 people we play for at a senior event..

That's a good way of looking at it!

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
my first concert solo performance was at the age of 12.... on accordion.. I didn't know I was suppose to be nervous grin

I was so nervous at the high school talent show, when I heard my name called and went through the curtain opening to arrive on the stage I almost fainted. My presentation song was Frosini's "The Jolly Caballero." I played the introduction, was so frightened I forgot the whole middle part, and went right to the ending. Total performance time about 12 seconds!

#435973 - 08/13/17 12:44 AM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I haven't played in front of a live audience in, let's see, about two hours now.
I have played in front of several semi-dead audiences too.
Don't have any fear, but starting the first song always inspires a few nerves until I finish it and nobody BOOOS. smile
I don't ever recall being fearful while playing on stage, but it took a long time to get comfortable singing because I never thought of myself as a singer. Only after doing it maybe 25 years I started accepting the fact that most people think I sing o.k. I still question their judgement, but accept it gratefully.

#435984 - 08/13/17 05:58 AM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I suppose I'm the "Elephant in the Room" here... but I do use an Arranger Keyboard to create new, original songs. Performing is not even on my "bucket list"... LOL!

That said, I hope each of you "PRO Keyboard Artists" know how much I admire your talent and envy your vocal capabilities. One fellow here in particular comes to mind. (Take a bow, Mr. Mason!)

Thanks to each of you for allowing me to "hang around" and absorb some of your collective wisdom and experiences. You guys are my heroes! ----Dave Rice

#435986 - 08/13/17 06:53 AM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Mark79100]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Mark79100
My presentation song was Frosini's "The Jolly Caballero."

One of the great accordion classics ...

#435987 - 08/13/17 07:01 AM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Mark79100
My presentation song was Frosini's "The Jolly Caballero."

One of the great accordion classics ...

#435989 - 08/13/17 08:57 AM Re: How many have played in front of a live audience? [Re: Riceroni9]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
I suppose I'm the "Elephant in the Room" here... but I do use an Arranger Keyboard to create new, original songs. Performing is not even on my "bucket list"... LOL!

That said, I hope each of you "PRO Keyboard Artists" know how much I admire your talent and envy your vocal capabilities. One fellow here in particular comes to mind. (Take a bow, Mr. Mason!)

Thanks to each of you for allowing me to "hang around" and absorb some of your collective wisdom and experiences. You guys are my heroes! ----Dave Rice

You are very kind Dave! Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online